Our recent poll (it’s not too late to vote) concerning current and future plans regarding your development platform for web mapping applications resulted in some interesting patterns. You can view the results here. We’ve had 643 as of now.
- ArcGIS Server and it’s many developer choices accounted for 208 votes or 32%.
- Interestingly, more people are still developing on ArcIMS than are using the ArcGIS Server Java ADF
- Open Source development platforms including OpenLayers, MapServer, and GeoDjango are increasingly popular with 221 votes between them or 34% of the vote.
- OpenLayers was the leader of the pack….no surprise there.
- The Google Maps API continues to be a popular choice with 82 votes or 13%.
- Bing Maps remains far behind Google Maps
- A fair amount of votes in the “Other” category with 70 votes.