Google Earth Courses
Mastering KML for Google Earth
KML is an XML based file format used to display geographic data in Google Earth, Google Maps, and Google Maps for Mobile. Data displayed in Google Earth is contained in KML files, and in our new e-learning course you will master the use of KML for developing geographic output for the Google Earth platform.
- Learn how KML is used by Google Earth and other Earth browsers to display geographic data
- Create Placemarks, Paths, Polgyons
- Attach descriptive information to Placemarks in the form of Balloons
- Symbolize your geographic data with Styles
- Overlay raster images and photos on the Google Earth terrain
- Add legends and logos
- Control the Google Earth Camera
- Create dynamic data feeds with Network Links
- Use Regions for displaying large data sets
- Use KML Generation tools
- Package, distribute and enable Internet searching of your KML files
This course is designed for all levels.
Module 1: Introduction to KML
Module 2: Basic KML Elements
Module 3: Advanced KML Elements
Module 4: Miscellaneous Topics
GISCI Education Credit: 20 Hours
Self Paced Web Delivery: $129.00
What is Web Delivery? You can view a sample class here. Click "Login as a guest"
You may want to also consider purchasing bound hard copies of the lecture notes as well to go along with the course.
Course Notes: $50.00 (U.S. and Canada Only)
Purchase by Email, Fax, Regular Mail
You may also be interested in these related books.