GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10: Mastering Python
This is the self-paced version of this course. An instructor guided version taught both online and as a traditional face to face instructor led course is also available.
All new and updated for ArcGIS Desktop 10! This course is is designed to teach the fundamental programming constructs of the Python language and how it can be integrated with ArcGIS Desktop to automate geoprocessing tasks. Course participants will be led through a series of 13 modules described below.
Bundle this course with our GIS Programming 201 for ArcGIS 10 and save!
Top 10 Reasons to Learn Python for Geoprocessing in ArcGIS
- Automate repetitive GIS tasks and free up your time.
- ESRI has fully embraced Python as its language of choice for geoprocessing.
- Easy language to learn.
- Automate map production and creation of PDF map books.
- Integrated with ModelBuilder for complex geoprocessing workflows
- Add, edit, and delete records from tables and
- Find and fix broken data sources in your map document files.
- Manage data within map document files.
- Analyze, convert, and publish your data to ArcGIS Server.
- Create your own custom tools that can be integrated with ArcToolbox and shared with others.
This course is designed for all levels.
Module 1: Python Language Basics
Module 2: Getting Started with Python in ArcGIS
Module 3: Introduction to ArcPy
Module 4: Environment Settings
Module 5: Geoprocessing Tools and Toolboxes
Module 6: Tools Results, Messaging, and Error Handling
Module 7: Using the ArcPy Mapping Automation Module
Module 8: Creating Lists of GIS Data
Module 9: Getting Descriptive Information about GIS Data
Module 10: Using Cursors to Select, Edit, and Add Records to Tables and Feature Classes
Module 11: Miscellaneous ArcPy Classes
Module 12: Licensing and Extensions
Module 13: Geoprocessing History
GISCI Education Credit: 40 Hours
This is a self-paced, web based course. After ordering you will receive an email containing course and login instructions.
Self Paced Web Delivery: $129.00
What is Web Delivery? You can view a sample class here. Click "Login as a guest"
We offer the option of purchasing bound hard copies of the lecture notes for this course as well. Course notes are delivered by regular mail service within 5-7 days of purchase. (U.S. and Canada only)
Course Notes: $50.00
Purchase by Email, Fax, Regular Mail
You may also be interested in these related books on ArcGIS and Python.