GIS Programming 201 for ArcGIS 10: Mastering Python
All new and updated for ArcGIS Desktop 10.1. This course builds on the introductory topics you learned in our GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10 course. You will learn more advanced topics in this course including how to select, insert, update, and delete data from tables and feature classes using the new Arcpy Data Access Module (ArcGIS 10.1), develop add-ins for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS 10.1), administer ArcSDE geodatabases (ArcGIS 10.1), create graphs, use custom and remote ArcGIS Server toolboxes, mosaic datasets and publish image services, learn raster analysis with the Arcpy Spatial Analyst module, and more.
Course participants will be led through a series of 8 modules described below.
Bundle this course with our GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10 and save!
Top 10 Reasons to Take GIS Programming 201 for ArcGIS 10
- Automate repetitive GIS tasks and free up your time.
- Select, add, edit, and delete records from Tables and Feature Classes with AcPy Data Access Module
- Build user interface components with Add-Ins (ArcGIS 10.1)
- Integrate graphs with maps and tables
- Programmatically administer ArcSDE geodatabases
- Use remotely published ArcGIS Server toolboxes
- Integrated with ModelBuilder for complex geoprocessing workflows
- Work with image files and publish image services
- Automate Spatial Analyst tasks
- Create your own custom tools that can be integrated with ArcToolbox and shared with others.
This course is intended to be taken after our GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10 course.
Module 1: The Arcpy Data Access Module
Module 2: Developing Add-Ins for ArcGIS Desktop with Python
Module 3: Creating Graphs with ArcPy
Module 4: Using Custom and Remote Toolboxes
Module 5: Advanced Topics: Mapping Input Fields to Output Fields, MultiValue Inputs, FeatureSet and RecordSet
Module 6: Creating Mosaic Datasets and Publishing Image Services
Module 7: Beginning Raster Analysis with the Arcpy Spatial Analyst Module
GISCI Education Credit: 40 Hours
This is a self-paced, web based course.
Self Paced Web Delivery: $129.00
What is Web Delivery? You can view a sample class here. Click "Login as a guest"
We offer the option of purchasing bound hard copies of the lecture notes for this course as well. Course notes are delivered by regular mail service within 5-7 days of purchase.
Course Notes: $50.00
Purchase by Email, Fax, Regular Mail
You may also be interested in these related books on ArcGIS and Python.